- Events at St. James', Stratford:
SPOOKEY TOWER, October 31 from 6 to 8 pm
For more details CHECK THE POSTER
VELVET AND IVORY- an hour of song
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2023 3 - 4 P.M
Beverley Maranger, vocals, and Tim Elliott, piano
St. James Anglican Church, Stratford; Upper Parish Hall (Side door on Hamilton Street). All welcome. Freewill offering to support the work of St James Church.
MISTLETOE MARKET AT ST. JAMES. Saturday, November 25, 9:30 am to 12:00pm
For more details CHECK THE POSTER
- Breath of God, Breath of Life - St. George's London. Monday evenings, beginning at 7:00pm, (October 16 - November 13)
Have you ever thought deeply about breath? We are all creatures whose life begins with our first breath and ends with our last. Breathing, largely unconscious, fills our entire time on earth. Yet, do you often say to yourself, “Breathe! Just breathe!?” We are, it would seem, living in a breathless age.
You are invited to a series of five evenings exploring what it means to be a living, breathing creature made in the image of God. The explorations will occur along two parallel tracks, theological and practical. They will delve into the activity of the Holy Spirit in our world and in our lives and they will offer us the chance to understand our own breathing through practical exercises and through an understanding of the basic science of breathing.
For the practical portion, please wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing and bring a pillow and yoga mat, blanket or thick towel to lie on.
The sessions will be facilitated by the Rev'd Canon Dr Timothy Connor, Parish Theologian, and Ms. Lori Holmes, Speech-Language Pathologist, Theatre Voice Coach and Brad Cliff Breathing Practitioner.
- Events at Trinity, Cottam:
Evening of Healing through Music and Prayer, Oct. 19, 7pm
Craft Show and Bake Sale, Oct. 21 from 9 am-3 pm. Vendors will be selling homemade items. Parishioners will sell baked goods, canned goods as well as homemade crafts.
- Upcoming events at St. John’s, Tillsonburg:
A Service of Thanks and Praise for First Responders & Medical Personnel. October 29 at 7:30pm
ABBA Tribute Night. Saturday, November 4, 7-9pm
Christmas Bazaar. Saturday, November 18, 10am-2pm
An evening with Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol. Friday, December 8 at 7:30pm
- Fall Celebrity Organ Recital at St. Paul's Cathedral
We hope you'll take this rare opportunity to hear David Enlow, Organist and Choir Master at the Church of the Resurrection in New York City. He will be giving a recital of music by Bach, Dvorak, Mozart, Vierne and Whitlock at St. Paul’s on Friday, October 20 @ 7:30 pm.
Mr. Enlow has been described as a “commanding” organist (The New Yorker), and his “performances [are] full of color, passion, invention, and power” (The American Record Guide).
All are welcome to join us for this fabulous event. Admission is by Donation. Save the date and please do join us for what’s sure to be a spectacular organ recital!
- ABBA Tribute Concert. Saturday October 21, 1:30 pm, Old St. Paul's Anglican Church
723 Dundas St, Woodstock.
Tickets $25 children under 12 free. Refreshments following the show.
Come and Dance to music!
For tickets Call 519-537-3912
- A.C.W. HARVEST BAZAAR – Saturday, October 21 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
St. James’ Anglican Church at 520 Ellis Road, Cambridge will be hosting our annual A.C.W. Harvest Bazaar on Saturday, October 21 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Bake Table, Preserves Table, Crafts & Treasures, Used Books, Deli, etc. If you have any questions, please contact the Church office at email@example.com or 519-658-4547.
SEE THE POSTER
UPCOMING EVENTS AT ASCENSION, LONDON:
Folk Heroes concert at Church of the Ascension, London, on Saturday, Oct. 28, at 7 p.m.: Ascension's music director Alex Baerg (also in the cast of Victoria Playhouse Petrolia) takes you on a musical adventure with “Folk Heroes”, featuring the works of Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan and more. Backed by Dan Baerg and Randy Rektor, Alex’s heartfelt guitar and piano performances – from singalongs to intimate ballads – promise a joyful night.
See the POSTER
Rummage Sale at Church of the Ascension, London, on Saturday, Oct. 21, from 8:30 a.m. to noon: Ascension is partnering with one of its longtime renters, the Shades of Harmony women's chorus, for this fundraiser. Come find a treasure among the books, toys, clothing and other items for sale.
See the POSTER
- Christ Church (Anglican) Oxford Centre is holding a Ham & Scallop Potato Supper on Wednesday November 1 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.. Drive thru pick up only at the church.
Enjoy ham, scallop potatoes, vegetable, coleslaw, baked beans and dessert.
Advance tickets (pre-pay only) $20.00 per person. Ticket contact: ChristChurchOxfordCentre@outlook.com or text/ leave message at 519-537-1202. (cash, cheque, e-transfer)
- St Paul's Cathedral - Choral Evensong
This fall services of Choral Evensong will be held at 4:00pm on the following Sundays:
- October 29
- November 19
Please also join us for Advent Lessons and Carols on Sunday, December 3 at 10:00 am.
The service of Nine Lessons & Carols will be held on Sunday, December 17 at 4:00pm.
All are welcome!
- St. George's London - Choral Evensong
Beginning in the fall, we will be having regular services of Choral Evensong on the fourth Sunday of every month at 4pm, as follows:
- October 22
- November 26
The service of Nine Lessons & Carols will be held on Sunday, December 17.
Choral Evensong will continue on the fourth Sunday of the month in 2024 beginning with Sunday, January 28.
- Crisis in the Holy Land: What is happening? How should we respond?
Join us for a conversation with Dr. Bruce Fisk and Alessandra Abusada.
Trinity Anglican Church, Sarnia, November 5 at 12:15pm
SEE THE POSTER
- UPCOMING EVENTS AT ST.THOMAS ANGLICAN, ST. THOMAS, 20 Flora St.:
Community Meal - FREE
on the 3rd Friday of each month from 5 to 6pm, doors open @ 4:30pm. All are welcome to come and enjoy a warm meal!
Next dates are: Oct. 20, Nov. 17.
Almighty Roast Beef Dinner Fundraiser
on the 4th Friday of each month from 5 to 6:30pm, $20 per meal, advance tickets are available from the office or purchased at the door.
Take-Out also available. Come out & enjoy a heavenly meal!
Next dates are: Oct. 27, Nov. 24.
A Christmas Wonderland Bazaar
on Saturday, November 4 from 8am to 12:30pm
Gift Baskets, Instant Win, Jewellery, Children's Table, Sewing/Knitting/Crafts, Bake Table/Preserves, Frozen Meat/Fruit Pies and much more.
Coffee Break, Light Lunch from 11:30am to 12:30pm.
- Diana Butler Bass Event. Siloam United Church, 1240 Fanshawe Park Road East, London. Saturday, November 11
For more details GO HERE
- Cranberry Courtyard Market. Saturday, November 18 from 9:00-1:00
St. Hilda’s-St. Luke’s Church 185 Elm Street, St Thomas (beside the hospital)
Unique Christmas crafts and gift items, baking, home decor, quilts and two new vendors selling 1.chocolate treats and 2. specially jewelry items.
- Parish of the Holy Spirit, Seaforth: ANNUAL SILVER BELLS BAZAAR & TEA - Saturday, November 18 from 1-3 pm featuring Tea Tables, Deli, Our Famous Christmas Puddings, Fantastic Silent Auction, Festive Home Baking and Country Store Preserves. NEW THIS YEAR. we welcome a Crafts, Baking and Silent Auction booth from Seaforth Manor Nursing Home Residents and Volunteers in support of their Resident's Council. Come out and get your Christmas shopping done early!
- St. Peter's Anglican Church 4091 Catherine Street, Dorchester, annual SPAGHETTI DINNER fundraiser. Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 4:30-6:30pm. Free will offering. Proceeds to buy gifts for the Dorchester Angel Tree at Christmas. Take-out available,
SILENT AUCTION fundraiser will be held on Facebook from noon November 18-November 25 at noon. FOR MORE INFO SEE THE POSTER
- THE TRINITY Ladies Guild Craft & Bake Sale on Saturday, Trinity Church, Sarnia, (1194 Murphy Rd, beside Tim Hortons) November 25th from 9am - 1pm. SEE THE POSTER FOR MORE DETAILS
- Upcoming Events at St. John the Evangelist, Strathroy 34 Head Street North:
Yuletide Marketplace on Saturday, December 2 from 10 am to 2 pm, featuring hand crafted gifts and items from local artisans, bake table, café. A great opportunity to get that special gift for that special someone!
- Saturday, December 9, 6:30-8 at Canon Davis Memorial Church, we will be celebrating a Festival of Lights! Admission is a non-perishable food item. The church will be decorated in lights both inside and out, refreshments available. Come along and meet Reverend Jon Forbes and celebrate the Christmas season.