- Please join us at the Old St. Thomas Church, 55 Walnut Street St. Thomas for our Summer Concert Series every Wednesday starting at 7 p.m.
August 23: Ukes of Hazzard
August 30: The Barclay Road Brass Works
- The Annual Corn Roast at St. Paul’s, Port Dover will be held on Saturday, August 26 (rain date Sunday, Aug 27). Serving will begin at 5:00 p.m.
On the menu will be Norfolk corn on the cob (all you can eat), beef on a bun, salad, an ice cream dessert and beverages. Cost: $18 adult, $10 for children 10 and under, and free for children 5 and under.
There will be door prizes, as well as live entertainment starting at 4:30, featuring Young’s Creek Road.
Tickets are available from the Port Dover Maple Leaf and Stoney’s Hardware or from Ron Barker, Val Skeldon, Laurie and Jim Lomas, Jim Cation and June Dorie. The money raised will be put towards the steeple restoration.
- St. George’s Church, Thorndale: BBQ CHICKEN DINNER. Wednesday, September 13. 4:30-6:30pm Drive Thru Take Out. Our address is: 172 King St. Thorndale.
Call for tickets: 519-461-1936 (Ed) or 519-461-1901 (Laurie). Adults: $25; Children under 12: $15.
SEE THE POSTER
- St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church, Leamington: CHICKEN AND RIB DINNER
Leamington Marina Pavilion, Friday, September 1, from 5 to 8 pm.
Cash Bar; Take-outs available. Advance Tickets – Adults: 25.00; At the Door: 30.00; Children (6-12): 10.00
Call for tickets: 519-326-3111.
SEE THE POSTER
- A Whole Lotta Shakin Going On at St. James' Church Ingersoll Fundraiser
St. James' Church Ingersoll is pleased to announce a very fun musical evening - dinner and concert with two outstanding artists! One of our favourite tribute artists, Jackie Grainge from Cambridge, will be singing the tunes of the 50’s and 60’s. Jackie is an awesome performer and always entertains us with her renditions of number one hits.
And Jackie’s special sidekick will be Shon Carroll from Kitchener. Shon is a past winner at the Collingwood Elvis Festival – so yes, Elvis will be in the house!
This outstanding dinner concert will be held one night only – Friday October 13th.
Your evening will begin with cocktails at 6:00 pm (cash bar); dinner at 6:30 pm (a buffet deliciously prepared and served by Thamesford's Village Deli catering team), and, finally a one-hour show of all your favourite rock ‘n roll music songs. There will be “a whole lotta shakin going on”!
Tickets for the evening are $55.00 and the venue is the Unifor Local 88 Hall on Victoria Street in Ingersoll.
So act now and call the church office at 519-485-0385 to reserve your tickets. Simply tell Kristy Van Kooten-Bossence, our office administrator, how many tickets you require. A wonderful dinner and show awaits you this fall.